[Glass] Some more easy stats printing or production tools?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Jun 10 10:12:39 PDT 2015

On 6/9/15 11:21 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> That's cool to hear Dale. If tODE can provide a API / model besides
> the "Pharo UI" then that's supercool because it means I can, for
> example, reuse some of tODE "backend" for some seaside components.
>
> Thanks!

That's exactly the intent ... Below is a listing of the man pages for
all of the tODE commands that are available ...

The basic idea is that for each of the commands, there is a command line
interface that is built on top of a Smalltalk api, so it is possible for
you to access the functionality for each of the commands from your own
Smalltalk application. Also for each of the GUI components the menu
items are implemented by using the Smalltalk api for the various
commands, so any functionality available via menu items through the gui,
should be available via command line and/or Smalltalk api ... The bash
shell scripts for GsDevKitHome are also written to call the tODE command
line commands.

So yes, you should be able to build a tool using Seaside that uses the
same API as the tODE GUI and the tODE command line and the GsDevKitHome
bash scripts.

I think that this kind of access to a common api is very important ...

Dale

abort - Abort transaction
bedit - batch edit tool
begin - Begin transaction
break - Method breakpoint management
   break clear - Clear breakpoints
   break disable - Disable breakpoints
   break enable - Enable breakpoints
   break list - List breakpoints
   break remote - Enable/disable remote breakpoints
   break set - Set breakpoints
   break steps - List step points for a method
browse - Find and view classes and methods
   browse categories - List class categories
   browse category - Find and view lists of classes in a category
   browse class - Find and view lists of classes
   browse configurations - List configurations
   browse diff - View differences between two methods
   browse list - View method definitions loaded from nodes
   browse method - Find and view lists of methods matching patterns
   browse package - Find and vew lists of classes in a package
   browse packages - List packages
   browse project - Find and vew lists of classes in a project
   browse references - Find and view lists of methods referencing
certain artifacts
   browse sender - Find and view lists of methods sending particular
messages
   browse source - Find and view strings in method source
   browse symbolDict - Find and view a list of classes in a symbol
dictionary
   browse undeclared - View references to undeclared symbols
   browse variables - Find and view references to instance, class
instance and class variables
   browse versions - Find and view versions of a method
bu - Manage GemStone backups
   bu backup - Make a GemStone backup
   bu directory - Define default backup directory
   bu info - Display info about a particular backup
   bu list - Display info about all backup and snapshot files
   bu remove - Remove backup file from backup directory
   bu restore - Restore from a GemStone backup
   bu snapshot - Make a snapshot of the extent files
cat - Display contents of node
cd - Change node
cls - class management
   cls accessors - Define instance variable getter and setter methods
for the class
   cls category - Move class to a new category
   cls comment - View and define the class comment
   cls copy - Make a copy of a class
   cls create - Create a new class
   cls definition - View and define the class
   cls history - View class history
   cls protocol - Define and modify class protocol
   cls remove - Remove classes
   cls rename - Rename classes
commit - Commit transaction
cp - Copy node
ds - Display node contents (a verbose ls)
edit - Open navigation or text window on object
eval - Evaluate Smalltalk expression
find - Find classes and methods
   find category - Find and view lists of classes in a category
gemtool - Provide GemTools MenuBar functionality
   gemtool bu - Open tODE equivalent of GemTools tools
   gemtool find - Prompt-based variants of the `browse` family of commands
   gemtool menuBar - Emulate GemTools Launcher Menus
   gemtool tools - Open tODE equivalent of GemTools tools
git - execute git commands
gs - execute gemstone commands
   gs configuration - Gem and Stone configuration reports
   gs fileout - Fileout Classes, Categories or Packages
   gs fileSizeReport - Report on repository size and amount of free space
   gs gemtools - Emulate GemTools Launcher Menus
   gs halt - Halt on AlmostOutOfMemory exception
   gs mfc - Perform a Mark for Collection
   gs objectFor - Resolve an object from given objectId
   gs sessionDescription - Session information report
   gs version - OS, hardware and GemStone version attributes for Client,
Gem, or Stone
history - list command history
inspect - Open navigation on object
limit - control char, list, and oops display limits
ls - list node contents
man - produce man page for a command
mc - monticello package commands
method - method management
   method browse - View methods
   method copy - Copy method to another class
   method versions - Open window on method versions
   method move - Move method to another class
   method protocol - Move method to another protocol
   method remove - Remove method
mkdir - create a new internal (directory) node
mm - metacello commands
mmb - metacello baseline commands
mount - mount file directory into tODE object structure
mr - monticello repository commands
mv - move node (rename)
ol - View and manipulate object log entries
   ol clear - Remove object log entries
   ol view - View object log entries
package - Metacello package management support.
pf - control ProfMonitor
port - porting tools (sentButNotImplemented, undefinedSymbols)
project - Metacello project management support.
   project clone - Clone repository (github only)
   project commit - Commit the Metacello project
   project compare -  View differences between repository versions (git
only)
   project diff - View code differences between image and repository
   project entry - Create a new project entry
   project list - List Metacello projects
   project load - Load the Metacello project
   project lock - Lock project registration
   project log - Browse commit log for the Metacello project (git only)
   project prime - Prime the project registry
   project refresh - Refresh project entries in project list
   project registry - Inspect the project registry
   project rehome - Point package repository groups for project to new
repository
   project summary - View report of changed packages and methods
   project validate - Validate the project registrations
   project workdir - Create working directory for project
ps - execute process commands
   ps list - Open a process browser on process instances
pwd - print working node
rename - rename support
repository - Metacello repository management support.
rm - remove node
rsync - Linux-style object structure copying
sh - spawn new shell
stack - access recent command result stack
ston - import/export objects to/from disk (STON format)
test - execute sunit commands
touch - create new leaf node
ts - execute test commands (debug, list, run)
ws - Open workspace on an object