[Glass] GC on Gems only fired when temp space is over?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Jun 22 11:09:50 PDT 2015

> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Dale Henrichs via Glass
> <glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
> <mailto:glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 06/19/2015 02:28 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass wrote:
>

>     You could schedule a periodic scavenge and mark sweep in your
>     seaside vms ...
>

> How can I do this if above you said *"scavenges and mark sweep are
> only triggered under memory pressure"  ?*
>
>     Once an hour or so would make sure that your idle seaside gems are
>     using the bare minimum of memory ... it may tak a mark sweep for
>     the vm to return memory pages ... BTW, I assume that you are
>     running on linux. On the mac the full memory footprint is
>     allocated in memory ...
>

> I would love to do that. Any idea how?
These are the methods to use ... and as I mentioned in my last post, the
"sigabort process" would be a good place to this processing. Here are
the methods to manually trigger scavenges and mark sweeps ... the last
one is probably the one you want:
    System class>>_vmMarkSweep
System class>>_generationScavenge
System class>>_generationScavenge_vmMarkSweep
> I also saw a thread of Otto today with a (maybe?) related topic. Do
> you think what he does could help me too?

Haven't looked into Otto's issue yet ... it's next up:)