[Glass] Internal error performing an external command from the service vm

Johan Brichau via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Mar 2 12:29:17 PST 2015

> On 02 Mar 2015, at 21:13, James Foster <james.foster at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:
>
>> I notice those in the release notes for 3.1.0.5 but not in the 3.1.0.6 ?
>> I guess one needs to run through an image upgrade?
>
> Yes, absolutely. Replacing the binaries is only part of the upgrade. If you do not update the image, then you are not only missing some of the fixes but you are actually in a dangerous situation. Primitives may have changed and the old methods could be calling the wrong primitives. Every upgrade requires an image upgrade as well as an executable upgrade.

I guess I was just a little lazy asking the question wether it was just an executable upgrade from 3.1.0.5 to 3.1.0.6.
Understood. I will not ask such a silly question again :)

> What is the last line in DbfHistory?

Do you mean (UserGlobals at: #DbfHistory) ?
It says:

GemStone/S64 v3.1.0.2 kernel classes filein completed at 28/11/2012 16:39:48
upgrade to GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.1.0.5 completed at 12/01/2014 11:19:32

cheers
Johan