[Glass] SIXX load conflict

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Mar 6 09:50:31 PST 2015

On 03/06/2015 02:19 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass wrote:
> Dale,
>
>> Dario,
>>
>> I did a fresh createTodeStone using the latest gsDevKitHome release
>> (SHA: 8fdc73fb176cf7e0ce33ad7d21eb448ba94ef5a6) and running the
>> GsUpgrader-Core load multiple times does not run out of memory ..
>
> I do test in a new clean tODE stone.   All works fine without error.
>
> In the stone where the system erase the out of memory error   i loaded :
>
> GsDeployer bulkMigrate: [ {#('Seaside3' '3.0.13'
> 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main'
> <http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main%27>).
> #('ZincHTTPComponents' '1.1'
> 'http://www.squeaksource.com/ZincHTTPComponents'
> <http://www.squeaksource.com/ZincHTTPComponents%27>). #('Magritte3'
> '3.0' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'
> <http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository%27>).
> #('Magritte3AddOns' '3.0.0'
> 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'
> <http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository%27>). #('Pier3'
> '3.0.0' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'
> <http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository%27>). #('Pier3AddOns'
> '3.0.3' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'
> <http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository%27>)} do: [ :ar |

So Dario, I want to START here ... please supply the full load statement
that you are using ... you have cut off this expression so I cannot see
how you  are actually doing the load .... When I asked you to "add" the
following:

   #( 'XMLSupport' '1.2.2'
'http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/MetacelloRepository')

I was referring to your list of load statements above ... I still want
to see the full expression, so that I can make sure that you suing
`Metacello new` to load things and I'm pretty sure that the `lock`
statements should be visible as well, but I want to see what you are
actually using ...

With regards to getting the latest gsDevKit release ... yes the `git
pull` command is the proper thing to do ...

But I want to emphasize that if you don't `lock` XMLSupport to version
1.2.2, then it is likely that SIXX will fail. I haven't seen this
myself, but I have confirmed that recently the XMLSupport configuration
was changed to load the very latest XML code and that code may not have
been properly ported to GemStone ....

Let's get everything working including SIXX based on using a freshly
built tODE stone and then go from there...