[Glass] Ubuntu 14.04 ethernet static ip and GemTools login

Martin McClure via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Mar 24 14:34:46 PDT 2015

On 03/24/2015 01:02 PM, Dario Trussardi via Glass wrote:

> What do you intend with:  did this fix it for you?
>
> For now i don't resolve the problem.

OK, thanks. From your previous message I wasn't sure whether you were
still seeing the problem.

> Considerations?

The netldi is only listening on the IPv6 localhost address. If you want
to use GemTools from another machine, it must also listen on the
192.168.1.10 address. I'm not sure why it isn't already listening on
that address, but you should be able to fix it by adding -A192.168.1.10
to your startnetldi command line (see the man page for startnetldi).

Once you've started netldi with that option, netstat -ltpn should show
netldi listening on that address.

Regards,

-Martin