[Glass] Ubuntu 14.04 ethernet static ip and GemTools login

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Mar 25 07:30:22 PDT 2015

Mariano,

You have a point that ssh tunneling for X may be a better option ...

Dario, When we get the port forwarding option working, you can give X11
forwarding a go.

You'd need to install the X client on your server and I have another
little writeup (that's part of the soon to be release gsDevKitHome
1.0.0) that details the X packages that need to be installed for X11
client [1], since you don't need the full blown X server for X11 forwarding.

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/blob/dev/docs/osPrereqs/ubuntu14.04.md#x11-client-optional