[Glass] GemTools on remote server

Dario Trussardi via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Mar 26 05:11:56 PDT 2015

Dale, Mariano,

for now my server tODE environment is installed into my office and i don't have performance problem with GemTools.

But the next week the server will installed on remote office of my client and i'm interested to work on it from my home office on WAN.

But i don't have clear that i need to install on the server.

The server is based on Ubuntu 14.04 server  and for now i installed:

sudo apt-get -y install git
sudo apt-get -y install unzip
sudo apt-get -y install curl
sudo apt-get -y install libpam0g:i386
sudo apt-get -y install libssl1.0.0:386
sudo apt-get -y install libssl1.0.0:i386
sudo apt-get -y install -qq gcc-multilib libstdc++6:i386
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-lin-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so

sudo apt-get -y install libx11-6:i386
sudo apt-get -y install libgl1-mesa-dev:i386
sudo apt-get -y install libxcb-dri2-0:i386

What other i need to load ?

What i need to load for GemTools on the server	( and relative prerequisite ) ?

After installed all, how i can test the GemTools load on the server with X11 forwarding ?

Into another e-mail Dale write:

> 	Things are a bit snappier if I use port forwarding, but the advantage of XLL forwarding is that you don't have to install GemTools on the remote system...

But relative performance are good?

What is the best solutions, i'm confusing?

Thanks for any help, considerations.

	Dario