[Glass] [GLASS] Seaside - growing extent - normal?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Mar 30 11:26:20 PDT 2015

On 03/30/2015 11:10 AM, Lawrence Kellogg wrote:

>>   2. I suspect that you have started the netldi, without using the -g
>>       option ... so double check how you started the netldi ...
>>

> I didn’t know I had to run li in guest mode.

Well `had` is a strong word ... If you don't run with `-g` option[1],
then you need to provide the hostname and password as part of your gci
login[2] (the os username and password parameters) ... which is a bit
more secure (like preventing other folks from logging into your server
via gci and GemTools and being able to guess your gemstone credentials ...

So with `-g` option your GemStone username and password provide the
security ...

Dale

[1]
http://downloads.gemtalksystems.com/docs/GemStone64/3.2.x/GS64-SysAdmin-3.2/3-Distributed.htm#pgfId-977868