[Glass] tODE , filetree, cypress

Sebastian Heidbrink via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue May 19 09:06:48 PDT 2015

Hi!

I have ported MessagePack to Gemstone (Richard, thank you for your advice!).

Now I am in the state of testing the communication against other
clients/dialects.

In order to have a Gemstone loadable code base here are little changes
to messagepack-core needed and those have already been released by
Masashi Umezawa the author on Github [1].
For the port I used Jade and loaded sources from Smalltakhub which are
not filetree based. Not knowing that Github is the leading repository.

Now, I have a hard time to figure out how to import and export Cypress
based code into Gemstone via tODE.
I found out that I need to add a project entry that will look like this:

^ TDProjectSpecEntryDefinition new
     baseline: 'FileTree'
       repository: 'github://dalehenrich/filetree:gemstone2.4/repository'
       loads: #('default');
     status: #();
     locked: false;
     yourself

But how do I handle an existing Configuration that does not include my
project/Gemstone platform yet?
As far as I can see the code on Github does not include a Baseline
class,.... so I assume that this won't work,.... somehow....

Is Cypress equal to Filetree? Do I need to load additional repositories
in oder to be able to handle Cypress code descriptions?

Thank you for any  advice!
Sebastian

[1]https://github.com/msgpack/msgpack-smalltalk/tree/develop