[Glass] Which path to follow to limit what an user can execute ?

BrunoBB via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed May 20 10:25:15 PDT 2015

James,

/********************************************************************************/
The policy is attached to objects and uses the current UserProfile to
determine security. The method #’setCurrent:while:’ changes the default
policy that is attached to newly instantiated objects, but does not change
the current user’s access to objects that are already created.
/********************************************************************************/

Now that you metion that i remember that i read this in the GS manual. The
GS64 the policy has session boundary and GS32 has transaction boundary with
Security Policies (or something like this).

I have to read more in the GS manuals in order to find the right way but you
give me with very good information. I will investigate GsExternalSession and
the other option you mention.

Thanks very much for the info i will perform some simple test will all
possibilities in order to know how to proceed.

The parser idea is to detect what messages are sent and the receivers of
these messages. I will check #literals of a Block.
In my case all messages must sent to the block argument.
 [:form | form amount > 1000].
I think the rule is that all message must be sent to the argument of the
block or to a "simple object" (integer, string, and so on). To be honest i
have to investigate further on this issue ....

After the investigation i will post the solution i chose.

Thanks again for the information...

Regards,
Bruno