[Glass] Migration of instances ...

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu May 21 17:58:18 PDT 2015

Marten,

If MCPlatformSupport class>>autoMigrate is true, then automatic
migration of instances is performed for each of the classes modified ...
the migrations are performed after the shape of the class is changed, so
there can be several migrations sweeps if you are changing a superclass ...

You can use GsDeployer class>>bulkMigrate: to defer instance migration
until the block is finished, which means that you'll make one pass to
migrate instances of all of the classes changed during the execution of
the block ... For most cases I recommend that you wrap all of your loads
with this expression to save on migration costs ...

By default, MCPlatformSupport class>>autoMigrate is off ... so when you
do things in topaz, automatic migration is not turned on ... one of the
reasons I recommend that GsDeployer class>>bulkMigrate: for all loads ...

In GemTools automatic migration is turned on at login time. Not sure
what happens in Jade.

Questions?

Dale