[Glass] Exception stack and ajax [WAS] Re: Can't find Dale's seaside component for exploring Object Log

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sat May 30 08:37:38 PDT 2015

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 12:00 AM, Dale Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

>  Oh, good ... you _are_ interested in a continuation:)

yes!

> BTW, it does appear that in the WARemoteDebuggingWalkbackErrorHandler
> case, the errors are not logged to the gem log ... it is probably worth
> adding that capability since it isn't always a guarantee that the commit
> will succeed and logging to the gem log means that the error won't be lost
> forever ...

Exactly!!!! that was my conclusion: ajax exceptions end up in the
repository object log but NOT in the gem log text file, which is something
I would really like (as it happens with normal request exceptions).

> something like WAErrorHandler>>saveExceptionContinuation: could be called
> from WARemoteDebuggingWalkbackErrorHandler>>open: to log to the gem log AND
> save the continuation to the object log ...

But the save in the object log is already happening. If we call
#saveExceptionContinuation: would that be stored twice?
Do we know who is storing the continuation in the object log in case of an
ajax error?

Thanks Dale!