[Glass] Mixing Unicode and String instances in Indexes [WAS] Re: Further commits have been disabled for this session because: 'CorruptObj error'. This session must logout.

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Nov 4 09:52:48 PST 2015

On 10/28/2015 06:21 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Dale Henrichs
> <dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
> <mailto:dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com>> wrote:
>
>     Next time you get a corrupt error, please record the stack ... if
>     we are getting random failures each stack will hep us piece
>     together what might be happening ...
>

> Sure, but by "record the stack" you mean the dead simple plain based
> stack I can print from tODE right? Because since my session is kicked
> out and not allowed any further commit I cannot even store the stack
> in the object log or anything, right?
> So I think that for one day we will do as the old fashion of debugging
> a dead plain string stack hahahahah
For random errors that are not easily reproducible as in this case, we
need as much information as possible ... for Seaside servers I try to
make sure that every error is logged to gem log, since you cannot be
100% sure that a commit to the object log will succeed ...

>     It's especially odd that you would get a problem during an install
>     ... Seaside or not ... I've never seen anything like that happen
>     before ... I've installed Seaside a ton of times and at this point
>     I'm not sure that the upgrade would even be necessary as it sounds
>     like there might be something else going on ..
>
>     I'm going to wait and see some stacks from you and see if you can
>     get a more reproducable test case before going fishing ... there
>     are you getting disk errors? Are you running on a mac or linux?
>

> The original error happened in Linux. But today I was able to
> reproduce it (only once and I didn't save the stack as I thought I
> would be able to reproduce it again grrr) in OSX.
> It seems to me it's related to in the moment were we are trying to
> commit something.

This particular corruptObj error is _indeed_ thrown at commit time ...
because of the commit prohibiting error that occurred earlier and it
this original error that we need to isolate.