[Glass] How to contribute back to a gsDevKit shared project [start of a FAQ]

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Nov 23 11:58:22 PST 2015

Dale,

During Smalltalks, Dale showed me the required steps so that I could
contribute back to tODE. Today I wanted to do the same with RB, which gets
loaded too by tODE. So this time I documented the steps mostly for myself,
but maybe they could work as a base for a FAQ entry.

Steps:

1) I assume I have already al gsDevKit_home projects already clone to local
machine. If not true, then you must use:

$GS_HOME/bin/utils/cloneSharedTodeProjects both

2) Go to github and fork RB.

3) From OS shell:

cd $GS_HOME/shared/repos/rb
git remote add rbMariano git at github.com:marianopeck/rb.git
git branch marianodev
git checkout marianodev
git pull origin dev  # in this case this is particularly because I wanted
dev branch

4) From tODE shell

edit /sys/stone/projects/RB    #Here add  gitCheckout: 'marianodev';
 gitRemoteName: 'rbMariano';
project load RB

5) From tODE, do my changes in RB and commit to filetree repo

7) From OS shell:

git commit -a -m "Fix to xxxx"
git push rbMariano marianodev

8) Got to your fork in github and make a Pull Request.

9) Once the issue is integrated, do again a "edit /sys/stone/projects/RB "
to put back "origin/master"

Does this look correct?