[Glass] Packages setup compatible

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Nov 30 17:20:59 PST 2015

On 11/26/2015 09:12 AM, Trussardi Dario Romano via Glass wrote:
> Ciao,
>
> i'm ready to revision some code relative to Seaside application.
>
> My goal is to do this work into Pharo 4.0  and after port all to the
> Gemstone GLASS environment: GsDevKit_home
> <https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home>
>
> The GsDevKit/Seaside31Releases
> <https://github.com/GsDevKit/Seaside31/releases>report the 3.1.4.2-gs
> <https://github.com/GsDevKit/Seaside31/releases/tag/v3.1.4.2-gs> as
> last version installable into Gemstone.
>
> Considering i need to port all to GLASS ( not tomorrow, but in the
> next months )
>
> what version of Seaside  and Magritte are the most suitable to load
> into Pharo?
>

> Another question:i can load Pier3 and Pier3AddOns into the last GLASS
> version?
I know that in the past I have been able to load Pier3.0.0 into recent
versions of GLASS/GsDevKit, but I'm pretty sure that Pier3.0.0 needs to
use Seaside3.0.8 ... since you are planning on using Seaside3.1, we'd
have to port a newer version of Pier to GemStone ...

Now it looks like the latest version of Pier is at 3.1.1 and it requires
Magritte3.1 (or later?), but it looks to be using Pillar instead of Pier
so it may be a bit of a stretch to port Pillar to GemStone unless it
shares the Pier classes ...

Pier 3.0.1 appears to use Seaside3.1 and Magrritte3.1 and since I know
that Magritte3.2 passes tests on GemStone, it is highly likely that
PIer3.0.1 can be ported to GemStone without too much work ...

If you are looking to use Pier3.0.1 I can probably take a pass at
getting PIer3.0.1 to work in the most recent versions of GLASS/GsDevKit ...

If you are interested in PIllar, then I can take a pass at getting it to
work in GLASS/GsDevKit as well ..
Let me know which one you are interested in using ...