[Glass] GemStone 3.2

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 7 12:37:39 PDT 2015

It seems to us that there are lot of folks that are continuing to use
3.1.0.6 or older releases of GemStone and we'd like to understand why.
So I would ask each of you actively using GemStone to send me private
email describing the version of GemStone that you are using and if you
are not using GemStone 3.2.x a short description as to why.

We are concerned about folks using older versions of GemStone, because
we _have_ fixed a number of bugs in 3.2.x and do not intend to fix these
bugs in older versions of the product...

We are also trying to understand if the changes that were made to the
license terms with the 3.2 release has an impact on whether or not you
are upgrading to 3.2.x. The changes we made were not intended to
discourage folks to move to 3.2, so if there are changes that we can
make to the license, then we are willing to consider making the changes...

There are other reasons for not moving to later versions of the product
and we'd like to understand those reasons as well.

Thanks for your time,