[Glass] Finding instances of old (removed) classes

Paul DeBruicker via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Oct 9 14:54:19 PDT 2015

Thanks Dale.

I've now got the list of orphaned classes and  list of references to each of
the orphan classes.

How do I migrate them to the newer/current versions of the classes?

Is it just

System abort.
orphanedClasses do:[:orphanClass | orphanClass migrateTo: (Smalltalk at:
orphanClass name)]
System commit.

or something more?

Paul

GLASS mailing list wrote
> I think the actual script was in this message[1].
>
> Dale
>
> [1]
> http://forum.world.st/instances-of-old-class-versions-tp4100977p4102175.html
>
> On 10/09/2015 10:29 AM, Paul DeBruicker via Glass wrote:
>> I may be running into this too.
>>
>> Is this the old script you had in mind:
>>
>> http://forum.world.st/instances-of-old-class-versions-td4100977.html
>>
>> ?
>>

>> GLASS mailing list wrote
>>> I remember I once saw a script to find all instances whose class is an
>>> old
>>> class version.
>>>
>>> I cannot iterate over the class history because the old classes are no
>>> longer in there. But I do encounter some instances of those old classes
>>> and I want to sweep the repository to detect all such instances.
>>>
>>> Does anyone still have that script?
>>>
>>> thanks!
>>> Johan