[Glass] gsDevKit / tode first time setup

Jon Paynter via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sun Oct 18 18:18:51 PDT 2015

Seems there is a similar mismatch for the client:

Script to install the client:

$GS_HOME/bin/installClient <myGemStoneVersion> <myClientName>

Running:
installClient 3.2.8 tode

gives an error.

but running:
installClient tode 3.2.8
"mostly" works:

$ installClient tode 3.2.8
=================
   GsDevKit script: installClient tode 3.2.8
              path: /d/gitroot/GsDevKit_home/bin/installClient
=================
=================
   GsDevKit script: downloadGemStone 3.2.8
              path: /d/gitroot/GsDevKit_home/bin/downloadGemStone
=================
Installing GemStone/S 3.2.8
[Info] Starting installation of GemBuilderC3.2.8-x86.Windows_NT on BIGYAN
Skip operating system configuration steps, system already setup
(/d/gitroot/GsDevKit_home/bin/.gsdevkitSysSetup exists)
[Info] Downloading GemBuilderC3.2.8-x86.Windows_NT.zip using /bin/curl -O
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
 Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
 Speed
100 15.3M  100 15.3M    0     0  5586k      0  0:00:02  0:00:02 --:--:--
5586k
[Info] Uncompressing GemStone archive into
/d/gitroot/GsDevKit_home/shared/downloads/products/
=================
   GsDevKit script: installClientGciLibraries 3.2.8
              path:
/d/gitroot/GsDevKit_home/bin/private/installClientGciLibraries
=================
=================
   GsDevKit script: installClientGciLibraries 3.2.8
              path:
/d/gitroot/GsDevKit_home/shared/bin/installClientGciLibraries
=================
...finished installClientGciLibraries
...finished installClientGciLibraries
[Info] Finished GemBuilderC3.2.8-x86.Windows_NT installation on BIGYAN

[Info] GemStone version information:
GemStone/S 64 Bit
3.2.8 Build: gss64_3_2_x_branch-37241
Fri Aug 21 13:16:52 2015
...finished downloadGemStone
=================
   GsDevKit script: cloneGsDevKitProjects client
              path: /d/gitroot/GsDevKit_home/bin/utils/cloneGsDevKitProjects
=================
=================
   GsDevKit script: clone_sys_local -o GsDevKit
              path: /d/gitroot/GsDevKit_home/bin/private/clone_sys_local
=================
=================
   GsDevKit script: cloneGitHubProject GsDevKit GsDevKit_sys_local local
              path: /d/gitroot/GsDevKit_home/bin/private/cloneGitHubProject
Cloning into 'local'...
remote: Counting objects: 56, done.
remote: Total 56 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 56
Unpacking objects: 100% (56/56), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
...finished cloneGitHubProject
Switched to a new branch 'gsdevkit'
ln: creating symbolic link `./local' to `../local/local': Permission denied