[Glass] gsDevKit / tode first time setup

Jon Paynter via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Oct 19 19:40:27 PDT 2015

I will re-test when I return to work tomorrow -- it was probably the
corporate firewall getting in the way.

On my home PC, the install worked last nite.

I ran the long ssh cmd:
ssh 192.168.1.137 -l gemstone -L 55320:localhost:55320 -L
55325:localhost:55325

Which prompted for a pw and then I got the usual  prompt
I tried to run the startnetldi cmd from link you sent  (
https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/blob/master/docs/portForwardingForRemoteLogins.md
)

It complained when I had the -p (lowercase) option
but this one seemed to work:
$GEMSTONE/bin/startnetldi -a gemstone -g -P 55320 seaside_ldi

startnetldi[Info]: GemStone version '3.2.8'
startnetldi[Info]: Starting GemStone network server 'seaside_ldi'.
startnetldi[Info]: GEMSTONE is:
'/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/seaside/product'.
startnetldi[Info]: GEMSTONE_NRS_ALL is:
'#dir:$GEMSTONE_LOGDIR#log:%N%P.log'.
startnetldi[Info]: Log file is '/opt/gemstone/log/seaside_ldi.log'.
startnetldi[Info]: GemStone server 'seaside_ldi' has been started, process
1879 .

Then I started the stone process via startGemstone, and both of them show
up:

gemstone at ubuntu:~/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/seaside$ gslist -lv
Status       Version    Owner    Pid   Port   Started     Type       Name
-------     --------- --------- ----- ----- ------------ ------      ----
  OK        3.2.8     gemstone   1890 48297 Oct 20 02:21 cache
seaside~e39397a912896488
  OK        3.2.8     gemstone   1888 33849 Oct 20 02:21 Stone       seaside
  OK        3.2.8     gemstone   1879 55320 Oct 20 02:16 Netldi
 seaside_ldi

After that I went to my local host and ran 'startClient tode'
That launched a modified pharo image with just a single transcript window.
but the right-click menu looks nothing like what is in your screenshot -- I
dont see a 'tode' menu.  I guess the layout changed?

I managed to find the shell, and run 'testLogin'    but then the pharo
image became non-responsive and eventually I killed it
The log file only had 1 line in it
     [Info]: libssl-3.2.8-32.dll: loaded

where to next for debugging?