[Glass] How to read external variables from topaz command line?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Oct 20 11:01:21 PDT 2015

Hi Bruno,

What I am trying to do, is to input a file relative to the directory where
the stone is located. If you use gsDevKit_home to manage your stones, what
I mean is that I want to input a file relative
to $GS_HOME/server/stones/stoneX/
For example, if you see  $GS_HOME/server/stones/stoneX/stone.env  at the
very end you see the exported variables.
Or even if you don't use gsDevKit_home but you use the old seaside extent
and defSeaside. Those export some variables as well. So at the end, what I
want to do is something like this:

topaz1> input $GEMSTONE_STONE_DIR/myFile.txt

and myFile.txt being  $GS_HOME/server/stones/stoneX/myFile.txt

But topaz cannot see $GEMSTONE_STONE_DIR neither the rest of the exported
variables, even if the shell in which I run topaz, DO see it.

I can live without this and I do have a workaround, but just wondering if
this would be possible.

Thanks!

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 2:40 PM, BrunoBB via Glass <