[Glass] tode / pharo errors

Jon Paynter via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Oct 20 15:05:33 PDT 2015

As per Dale's advice im starting a new thread on this one.

I run "installServer seaside 3.2.8

and eventually receive this error:
   GsDevKit script: create_gs_server_image -d
/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo gsDevKitCommandLine
              path:
/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/bin/create_gs_server_image
=================
create gsDevKitCommandLine.image image using
/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/sys/default/pharo/gsDevKitCommandLineLoad.st
++ readlink /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo
+ DIR=
+ DIR=/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo
++ dirname /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo
+ DIR=/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo
+ cd /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo
++ pwd
+ DIR=/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo
+ cd -
+ set -f
+ /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo-vm/pharo --nodisplay
/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/Pharo.image save gsDevKitTmp
/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo: line 12:
/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo-vm/pharo: No such file or
directory

The file actually exists, but I cannot run it.  So either it is corrupt, or
some dependent library is missing.
gemstone at ubuntu:~/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo-vm$ ls -l
total 36176
-rwxrwxr-x 1 gemstone gemstone  1121206 May 15 16:29 pharo
gemstone at ubuntu:~/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo-vm$ ./pharo
-bash: ./pharo: No such file or directory
gemstone at ubuntu:~/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo-vm$ chmod +x pharo
gemstone at ubuntu:~/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo-vm$ ./pharo
-bash: ./pharo: No such file or directory

I attempted to follow the directions here:
http://pharo.org/gnu-linux-installation#64-bit-System-Setup
Since this is an ubuntu 12.04 VM, I tried the instructions to install via
ppa, but that failed:
gemstone at ubuntu:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pharo/stable
[sudo] password for gemstone:
sudo: add-apt-repository: command not found

I previously installed the 32bit libraries, so everything should be
present.   So im confused as to what is wrong.

Aside from completely rebuilding my VM from scratch, any ideas on how to
fix this?