[Glass] tode / pharo errors

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Oct 20 15:57:46 PDT 2015

On 10/20/2015 03:05 PM, Jon Paynter via Glass wrote:
> As per Dale's advice im starting a new thread on this one.
>
> I run "installServer seaside 3.2.8
>
> and eventually receive this error:
>    GsDevKit script: create_gs_server_image -d
> /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo gsDevKitCommandLine
>               path:
> /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/bin/create_gs_server_image
> =================
> create gsDevKitCommandLine.image image using
> /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/sys/default/pharo/gsDevKitCommandLineLoad.st
> ++ readlink /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo
> + DIR=
> + DIR=/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo
> ++ dirname /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo
> + DIR=/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo
> + cd /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo
> ++ pwd
> + DIR=/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo
> + cd -
> + set -f
> + /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo-vm/pharo --nodisplay
> /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/Pharo.image save gsDevKitTmp
> /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo: line 12:
> /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo-vm/pharo: No such file
> or directory
>
> The file actually exists, but I cannot run it.  So either it is
> corrupt, or some dependent library is missing.
> gemstone at ubuntu:~/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo-vm$ ls -l
> total 36176
> -rwxrwxr-x 1 gemstone gemstone  1121206 May 15 16:29 pharo
> gemstone at ubuntu:~/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo-vm$ ./pharo
> -bash: ./pharo: No such file or directory
> gemstone at ubuntu:~/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo-vm$ chmod +x pharo
> gemstone at ubuntu:~/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo-vm$ ./pharo
> -bash: ./pharo: No such file or directory
okay ... the error is not that
/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/pharo-vm/pharo is missing but
that the image file
/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/pharo/Pharo.image is missing and in
your ls above it is indeed missing ... so we are back to the issue of
why is the download of the Pharo.image download failing ...

The warning may be a red herring but that depends upon what you mean by
"I cannot run it" ... are you refering to the fact that the you are
getting the "No such file or directory" or do you mean that you are
getting a different error running it differently?

Since I assume that the log output for the failed downloads is gone by
now ... I suggest you start again and try to include as much of the log
output as possible so I can identify the erorrs ... for some reason you
are having worse luck downloading the pharo image files than I have ahd ...

Oh and are you using the most recent GsDevKit_home?  What is the output
of `git log -1`?