[Glass] Can I assume GemStone 3.2.9 scripts and gsDevKit_home will NOT hardcode /opt/gemstone/product?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 21 15:18:41 PDT 2015

GsDevKit_home bases everything it does off GS_HOME ... so you _can_ have
multiple independent GsDevKit_home installations on the same machine and
they will not interfere with each other ....

The product downloads are stashed in
$GS_HOME/shared/downloads/products/<product-name>

The stones are stashed in $GS_HOME/server/stones/<stone-name>.

There is a symbolic link in the stone directory:
$GS_HOME/server/stones/<stone-name>/product that points to the relevant
product in $GS_HOME/shared/downloads/products and GEMSTONE is defined as:

   export GEMSTONE=$GS_HOME/server/stones/<stone-name>/product

Dale