[Glass] Early Access Fix for: Symbolic links do not work for Git Bash Shell on Windows

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 21 15:54:13 PDT 2015

See PR #9[1] for details.

The fix for Issue #7[2] required that I make a change to the basic
directory structure of the GsDevKit_sys_local project where all of the
user data is stored (session descriptions, tode stone directories and
scripts, etc.) so I created a patch script that updates to the new
version of GsDevKit_sys_local (with new structure) and then copies all
of the files that were added byt the createStone scripts or by you
creating tODE scripts ...

I've tested the patch multiple times, but you never know, so if you are
worried about losing data, then make a copy of $GS_HOME/local and then
run the script so I can debug any errors.

After the patch is run, $GS_HOME/local will be gone and the
GsDevKit_sys_local will be found in $GS_HOME/sys/local where all of your
scripts and files should be intact.

To patch the structure run the following commands:

   git fetch --all
   git checkout v0.0.1
   updateGsDevKit -g
   updateGsDevKit -g -p issue7

The first `updateGsDevKit-g` will get the checkout of GsDevKit_home with
the patch script and the second updateGsDevKit -g -p issue7` will update
GsDevKit_sys_local and patch your files ...

If you forget to run with the -p option you will get an error the next
time you run updateGsDevKit (without a  `-p issue7` option, so please
run the update as soon as possible and let me know if anythin funky happens.

I don't expect to be changing the structure of GsDevKit_sys_local very
often at all, but I'm glad we found this issue during Early Access .. so
thanks guys for helping flush out issues.

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/pull/9
[2] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/issues/7