[Glass] Understanding HelpNotes vs BugNotes from website

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Oct 23 10:11:04 PDT 2015

Hi guys,

It is being a bit confusing for me to see what has been fixed in each
GemStone version. Take a look for example for these 3 last versions:

https://gemtalksystems.com/data/bugsByVersion/bugnotes_GS64_328.html
https://gemtalksystems.com/data/bugsByVersion/bugnotes_GS64_329.html
https://gemtalksystems.com/data/bugsByVersion/bugnotes_GS64_3210.html

It looks like if each new version also includes all the previous one. If
so, then all of those issues are fixed compared to which baseline ?  3.2 ?
I personally would like to see both views, that is, all issues listed from
3.2 up to this latest release, but also each bug fix for each version (and
not the previous).

At the same time, there is another kind of release note for each version.
For example,
https://downloads.gemtalksystems.com/docs/GemStone64/3.2.x/GS64-ReleaseNotes-3.2.10/GS64-ReleaseNotes-3.2.10.htm
So that confused me too. So we have bug notes on one hand and release notes
on another hand?
Release notes, on the other hand, seem to only show the ones really fixed
in that version and not in previous.

Finally, there are things in the ReleaseNotes that do not appear in the bug
notes. For example (I pick a random issue), issue 45720. It appears in
ReleaseNotes, but not in BugNotes.

Any clarification is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance,