[Glass] should installTode allowed to specify whether to snapshot or not?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sun Oct 25 14:25:01 PDT 2015

Mariano,

Since you say that "extent snapshots are very expensive on disk", I
assume that you never really want installTode to do extent backups....

If that is true, then you can customize the script that does the extent
backup by copying the file
$GS_HOME/sys/default/client/tode-scripts/installServerTode2 to
$GS_HOME/sys/local/client/tode-scripts and then remove the backups and
or snapshots as you'd like.

BTW, the extent backup is made AFTER tode is installed, because before
tODE is installed there is no tODE to do the command...

Any, here is the default installServerTode2:

   script --script=setUpSys      # set up the in-image tODE /sys structure
   bu backup --commit tode.dbf   # backup of initial tODE install with
/sys structures in place
   bu snapshot --commit tode.dbf # make a snapshot of initial tODE
install with /sys structures in place

And you can remove both or one of the backups made ... the setUpSys is
the important bit...

Dale