[Glass] should installTode allowed to specify whether to snapshot or not?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sun Oct 25 15:15:18 PDT 2015

On 10/25/15 3:01 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Dale Henrichs via Glass
> <glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
> <mailto:glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com>> wrote:
>
>     BTW, there are other script in the tode-scripts directory that do
>     `bu snapshot` so you'd probably want to customize them all while
>     you are at it ...
>

> mmm I have seen one named preUpdate.dbf.gz. But neither a grep nor a
> find string give me an answer. Do you know where that one is done?
>
> Cheers,

These are three scripts where backup/snapshots are done:

[1]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/master/sys/default/client/tode-scripts/installServerTode2
[2]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/master/sys/default/client/tode-scripts/rebuildServerTode
[3]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/master/sys/default/client/tode-scripts/updateServerTode

I'm currently working on Seaside support (moved here[4] from
$GS_HOME/shared/projects/seaside31) and there are more cases of doing
backup/snapshot, but I haven't quite settled on how I want to handle
overrides for these ... they might just end up in your
$GS_HOME/sys/local structure or ??? but I will want to make it possible
to customize without having to "dirty" the git checkout with private
changes ....

Dale

[4] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_seaside31