[Glass] Git based repositories (package-cache) problem when moving extent to another stone

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Oct 26 15:03:29 PDT 2015

Dale,

I am finding problems with git-based repositories. Basically, let's say I
load some stuff from git under the stone called 3.2.9. Then I copy the
extent and I restore such a extent in another stone, called 'otherStone'.

I now try to update code in my 'otherStone' and I get an exception while
is trying to get the stuff from here:

'/opt/gemstoneAdditions/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/gs_329/logs/github-cache/GsDevKit/Seaside31/v3.1.4.2-gs/GsDevKit-Seaside31-55f1bac/repository'

All those files have a different OS owner and file permissiones etc etc.

Of course, if I remove
/opt/gemstoneAdditions/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/gs_329/logs/github-cache
  it suddenly starts to work in 'otherStone'.  Before removing
package-cache I tried flushing all MC classes, but nothing. Same problem.
Only removing package-cache did the trick.

So let me ask..is there an easy way I can force the re-location of
pacakge-cache when I move a stone?

Thanks in advance,