[Glass] Early access update: PR #13

Jon Paynter via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 28 10:31:28 PDT 2015

The actual code I wrote isnt very much so if I lost it all, its annoying
but not a deal breaker.  so I went and ran 'updateTode seaside' from the
server command line.  But that failed with an error

gemstone at ubuntu:~/GsDevKit_home$ todeUpdate seaside
=================
   GsDevKit script: todeUpdate seaside
              path: /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/todeUpdate
=================
=================
   GsDevKit script: startStone -b seaside
              path: /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/startStone
=================
|             GemStone/S64 Object-Oriented Data Management
System             |
|                   Copyright (C) GemTalk Systems
1986-2015                   |
|                            All rights
reserved.                             |
|    PROGRAM: WAITSTONE, GemStone Remote Process
Utility                      |
|    VERSION: 3.2.8, Fri Aug 21 12:12:58
2015                                 |
|      BUILD:
gss64_3_2_x_branch-37241                                        |
|  BUILT FOR: x86-64
(Linux)                                                  |
|       MODE: 64
bit                                                          |
| RUNNING ON: 2-CPU ubuntu x86_64 (Linux 3.2.0-23-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP
Tue  |
| Apr 10 20:39:51 UTC 2012)
3529MB                                            |
| PROCESS ID: 4044      DATE: 10/28/2015 10:16:51
PDT                         |
|   USER IDS: REAL=gemstone (1001) EFFECTIVE=gemstone (1001) LOGIN=gemstone
(1001)
|   GEMSTONE_NRS_ALL =
#dir:$GEMSTONE_LOGDIR#log:%N%P.log                     |
|_____________________________________________________________________________|
Network service !#server!seaside is ready.
stone seaside already running, to restart use -r option
Update tODE on stone: seaside
=================
   GsDevKit script: todeIt seaside script --script=updateServerTode
              path: /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/todeIt
=================
performing tode command: __script --script=updateServerTode__

tode > script --script=updateServerTode[Info]: libssl-3.2.8-32.so: loaded
[10/28/2015 10:16:52.816 PDT]
  gci login: currSession 1  rpc gem processId 4066

---Starting backup to
'/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/server/stones/seaside/backups//preUpdate.dbf'
(10/28/2015 10:16:53)
---Finished backup to 28/10/2015 10:17:53 -- preUpdate.dbf.gz
========>Server Stack:

EXCEPTION: UserDefinedError: No #baseline pragma found
1. UserDefinedError(AbstractException)>>_signalWith: @5 line 25
2. UserDefinedError(AbstractException)>>signal @2 line 47
3. MetacelloBaselineConstructor(Object)>>error: @6 line 7
4. MetacelloBaselineConstructor>>extractBaselinePragmaFor: @6 line 5
5. MetacelloBaselineConstructor>>calculate:project: @4 line 4
6. MetacelloBaselineConstructor>>on:project: @2 line 2
7. MetacelloBaselineConstructor class>>on:project: @3 line 3
8. BaselineOfRouteEvent(ConfigurationOf)>>project @14 line 8
9.
MetacelloMCBaselineOfProjectSpec(MetacelloMCProjectSpec)>>projectClassProject
@4 line 4
10. MetacelloMCBaselineOfProjectSpec>>version @5 line 4
11. MetacelloMCBaselineOfProjectSpec>>versionString @3 line 2
12.
MetacelloMCBaselineOfProjectSpec>>validateVersionString:withDefaultVersionString:
@2 line 2
13.
MetacelloMCBaselineOfProjectSpec(MetacelloMCProjectSpec)>>validateForScriptLoad:withDefaultVersionString:withDefaultRepositoryDecription:
@23 line 35
14. MetacelloScriptEngine>>setDefaultsAndValidate: @4 line 6
15. [] in MetacelloScriptEngine>>lock @4 line 5
16. MetacelloScriptEngine(ExecBlock)>>ensure: @2 line 12
17. MetacelloProjectRegistration class>>copyRegistryRestoreOnErrorWhile: @8
line 14
18. MetacelloScriptEngine>>lock @2 line 4
19. [] in MetacelloScriptApiExecutor(MetacelloScriptExecutor)>>execute: @11
line 15
20. [] in MetacelloScriptApiExecutor>>executeString:do: @5 line 6
21. Array(Collection)>>do: @5 line 10
22. MetacelloScriptApiExecutor>>executeString:do: @6 line 4
23. String>>execute:against: @2 line 2
24. MetacelloScriptApiExecutor(MetacelloScriptExecutor)>>execute: @6 line 9
25. Metacello>>execute:args: @8 line 5
26. Metacello>>lock @2 line 4
27. TDMetacelloTool>>projectLock: @14 line 10
28. [] in TDMetacelloTool>>projectRegistrationDefinitionMap @14 line 17
29. [] in ExecBlock2(TDMetacelloTool)>>scanProjectDir:forProjects: @15 line
16
30. [] in TDProxyLeafNode>>composedChildrenDo: @3 line 5
31. [] in ExecBlock2(TDComposedDirectoryNode)>>composedChildrenDo: @2 line 3
32. [] in
ExecBlock1(TDPathComposedDirectoryNodeContents)>>composedChildrenDo: @5
line 5
33. OrderedCollection(Collection)>>do: @5 line 10
34.
TDPathComposedProjectEntryNodeContents(TDPathComposedDirectoryNodeContents)>>composedChildrenDo:
@5 line 5
35.
TDComposedProjectEntryNode(TDComposedDirectoryNode)>>composedChildrenDo: @3
line 3
36. TDRawGatewayNode(TDGatewayNode)>>composedChildrenDo: @3 line 2
37. TDFileSystemLeafNode>>composedChildrenDo: @7 line 3
38. TDProxyLeafNode>>composedChildrenDo: @3 line 3
39. TDObjectGatewayNode(TDGatewayNode)>>composedChildrenDo: @3 line 2
40. TDMetacelloTool>>scanProjectDir:forProjects: @2 line 3
41. TDMetacelloTool>>scanForProjects: @5 line 3
42. TDMetacelloTool>>projectRegistrationDefinitionMap @9 line 8
43. TDMetacelloTool>>projectRegistrationFor: @2 line 2
44. TDMetacelloTool>>resolveProjectRegistrationReference: @18 line 15
45. TDMetacelloTool>>projectload @5 line 40
46. TDMetacelloTool class(TDAbstractDevTool
class)>>performSubCommand:objIn:commandOptions:todeCommand: @23 line 22
47. [] in TDMetacelloTool class>>project @2 line 5
48. TDMetacelloTool class(ExecBlock)>>cull:cull:cull:cull: @7 line 4
49. TDTopezServer>>evaluateCommand:objIn: @18 line 22
50. TDTopezServer>>evaluateSTONCommand: @9 line 6
51. Executed Code
52. GsNMethod class>>_gsReturnToC @1 line 1

========>Client Stack:
Error: GemStone Server error: a UserDefinedError occurred (error 2318),
reason:halt, No #baseline pragma found
TodeSession>>logStackRequested:
TodeSession(GciSession)>>getNbResult
TodeSession(GciSession)>>getNbResultAsString
TodeSession(GciSession)>>executeStringExpectingStringNB:envId: in Block: [
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Cursor>>showWhile:
TodeSession(GciSession)>>executeStringExpectingStringNB:envId:
TDTopezGemStoneClient>>evaluateCommand:batchMode: in Block: [ ...
BlockClosure>>ensure:
TDTopezGemStoneClient>>evaluateCommand:batchMode:
TDShell>>evaluateCommand:
TDShell>>evaluate: in Block: [ :command | result := self evaluateCommand:
comma...etc...
TDCommandLine class>>line:forEachCommand: in Block: [ :isolated | ...
OrderedCollection>>do:
TDCommandLine class>>line:forEachCommand:
TDCommandLine class>>fromStream:selectLine:forEachCommand: in Block: [
:cmdLine | ...
OrderedCollection>>do:
TDCommandLine class>>fromStream:selectLine:forEachCommand:
TDShell>>evaluate: in Block: evaluate: aString...
BlockClosure>>on:do:
TDShell>>evaluate:
TDShell>>executeScript: in Block: [ ^ self evaluate: commands ]
Dictionary>>at:ifPresent:ifAbsent:
TDShell>>executeScript: in Block: [ ...
Dictionary>>at:ifPresent:ifAbsent: in Block: [ :v | ^ oneArgBlock value: v ]
BlockClosure>>cull:
Dictionary>>at:ifPresent:
Dictionary>>at:ifPresent:ifAbsent:
TDShell>>executeScript: in Block: [ ...
Dictionary>>at:ifPresent:ifAbsent:
gemstone at ubuntu:~/GsDevKit_home$

Dale - I realize your busy preparing for a conference, so no urgency on
this.   Ideally somebody else can point out what I did wrong and we can fix
it.