[Glass] Gemstone installation - libpam missing

itlists@schrievkrom.de via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Sep 2 02:04:14 PDT 2015

Am 02.09.2015 um 10:57 schrieb itlists at schrievkrom.de via Glass:
> Am 02.09.2015 um 10:51 schrieb itlists at schrievkrom.de via Glass:
>> Tried today to install Gemstone 3.2.7 on an old 14.x Ubuntu server and
>> installation failed due to a missing libpam library.
>>
>> Marten
>>

> Ah, I noticed ... could be the usual problem with the 32 bit libraries
> ... one simple argument against tODE :-)
>
> Install tODE on server: devKit
> ioLoadModule(/home/projekt37/gsDevKitHome/pharo/pharo-vm/libgcirpc-3.2.7-32.so):
>   libpam.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> Error: External module not found

The best thing would be:

 -> installation of Gemtone is ONE part and independent of tODE
 -> then the next installation step can be tODE.

Now one has an aborted installation and one may ask now: can I use it or
is something missing ... always in situations when time is not that much
available ...

--
Marten Feldtmann