[Glass] MAStringReader>>visitNumberDescription broken?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Sep 2 08:59:04 PDT 2015

On 9/2/15 2:53 AM, Iwan Vosloo via Glass wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the code we've got (Magritte3 3.3.1 loaded from
> http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Magritte/Magritte3/main/),
>
> MAStringReader>>visitNumberDescription contains:
>
>  NumberParser isNumber: self contents.
>
> NumberParser is abstract on GemStone, so this always raises an
> exception. The exception is a bit masked, since it is caught higher up
> the stack with the result that numbers typed into an input for an
> MANumberDescription are always rejected as failing validateKind: in
> Magritte.
>
> I have checked version 3.3.2 and 3.5.0 in this repository as well and
> find the same issue there.
>
> According to https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte, Magritte
> should be installed from
> http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/magritte.htmlon GemStone - yet that
> code looks quite old to me...
Yes, that information is out of date. I have a page[1] on GsDevKitHome
wher information about using Magritte _will_ be found, when the dev
branch work is released and the Magritte page is updated, I will update
the link on https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte ...

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/tree/dev/projects/magritte3

> Are we using the correct repository for GemStone?
I've a small amount of work with Magritte and Magritte 3.2.0 is the
version that I was working with and IIRC the tests all passed at that
point in time... I see that Sean is weighing in on the discussion as
well and he is likely the most recent person to work with Magritte and
GemStone ...
> And if so.. is the issue tracker for such a GemStone specific issue
> the one on https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte ?
> ... or am I missing something else?

I would say that that is a good place for Magritte/GemStone issues ... I
keep an eye on the Magritte mailing list and the github project, but I
may not see issues in a timely fashion, so it is worth pinging me here
with a link to the issue if you submit one there.