[Glass] Grrrr cannot migrate (class rename with subclasses and with a name of a deleted class)

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Sep 8 12:26:34 PDT 2015

Mariano,

Sorry for the delay, but I'm back in the office today and what we would
like to do is capture the args that are being used for the primitive so
replaicing the `memOnlyBool` block logic in the listInstances:....
method with the following will help us get them:

   memOnlyBool
     ifFalse: [
       scanBlk := [ :scanSetThisTime | | ret sKind |
       sKind := (directoryString ifNotNil:[ 2 ] ifNil:[ 0 ]).
       ret := self
         _scanPomWithMaxThreads: maxThreads
         waitForLock: 60
         pageBufSize: 8
         percentCpuActiveLimit: aPercentage
         identSet: scanSetThisTime
         limit: aSmallInt
         scanKind: sKind
         toDirectory: directoryString ].
     ret ifNil: [
        Transcript cr; show: '_scanPomWithMaxThreads failure: ',
                 maxThreads printString, ' ',
                 aPercentage printString, ' ',
                 scanSetThisTime printString, ' ',
                 aSmallInt printString, ' ',
                 sKind printString, ' ',
                 directoryString printString ].
     ret ].

We thought the problem might have been related to the method temp
reference for `(directoryString ifNotNil:[ 2 ] ifNil:[ 0 ])`, but since
the prim is still failing with that expression inlined there must be a
different (less obvious) failure mechanism.