[Glass] Grrrr cannot migrate (class rename with subclasses and with a name of a deleted class)

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Sep 9 11:36:21 PDT 2015

> Hi Dale,
>
> Just for the record, I tried with this scenario:
>
> [marianopeck at quuveserver1 ~]$ free -m
>               total        used        free  shared  buff/cache
> available
> Mem:           8014         388        6850 359         775        7205
> Swap:         16639           0       16639
>
> And still didn't work. Note that I have 7GB of RAM free. At the end,
> when the system crashed, this was the resulting state:
>
> [marianopeck at quuveserver1 ~]$ free -m
>               total        used        free  shared  buff/cache
> available
> Mem:           8014         338        1316 973        6359        6639
> Swap:         16639           0       16639
>

> Anyway, no problem, I would assume this is a problem in 3.1.0.6 and
> hopefully I will never need to list instances / migrate this class
> until I am in 3.2/3.3...
>
> Thanks for the effort!

I'm not sure that I can interpret the `free -m` numbers correctly. Are
you confirming that this as a near out of RAM situation?

We've got an engineer pursuing the "out of memory" scenario and looking
for a smoking gun in the code for 3.1.0.6, so that we can be assured
that we don't have an existing bug in 3.2/3.3...

Thank you for your help in tracking this down ...