[Glass] MAStringReader>>visitNumberDescription broken?

Iwan Vosloo via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Sep 14 02:54:40 PDT 2015

On 09/09/2015 20:30, Dale Henrichs via Glass wrote:
> From your information below, it does sound like having NumberParser
> use SqNumberParser as a default class for all of the class-side
> methods would likely solve the problem ... in Pharo3.0 the concrete
> class is called NumberParser and in GsDevKit the concrete clas is
> SqNumberParser and likely at some point in the past the Pharo folks
> collapsed the two classes, so from a compatibility perspective
> treating NumberParser as a concrete class is desired behavior in
> general...

Dale, another question.

I see that parse: and parse:onError: are defined on both NumberParser
and SqNumberParser (and the implementations on the different classes are
identical).
These use (self new) which I would have thought one usually would do.

With "use SqNumberParser as a default class for all of the class-side
methods", do you mean to  change parse:, parse:onError: and on: on
NumberParser _itself_ to hard-code the use of SqNumberParser (ie, your
"as default"), but lower down in the hierarchy the use of self is kept?

Anyways - if I do understand you correctly - this does solve the problem
without a change to NumberParser class>>isNumber: (which is Magritte
code itself)

Regards
- Iwan

--