[Glass] Migrating to github

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Sep 14 11:14:35 PDT 2015

On 09/10/2015 01:43 PM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:
> Dale,
>
> Slowly migrating to github. I have updated the version of the packages to
> the standart:
> [package]-[initials].[branch].[count].mcz where branch is optional.
>
> Now i'm creating the BaselineOf for all of my projects, and it seems that
> there's a lof of changes.
> I think
> http://pharobooks.gforge.inria.fr/PharoByExampleTwo-Eng/latest/Metacello.pdf
> is out of date.
>
> The project Orbeon depends on XMLParser
> The old configuration was:
> baseline122: spec
> 	<version: '1.022-baseline'>
>
> 	spec for: #common do: [
>          spec blessing: #baseline.
> 		spec repository: 'http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/Orbeon'.
> 		spec project: 'XMLSupport' with: [
> 			spec className: 'ConfigurationOfXMLSupport';
> 				versionString: '1.2.2.1';
> 				loads: #('Core');
> 				file: 'ConfigurationOfXMLSupport';
> 				repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/XMLSupport'].
> 		spec
> 			package: 'Orbeon-BrunoBB' with: [spec requires: 'XMLSupport'].
> 	].
> The newone i write is:
> baseline: spec
> 	<baseline>
>
> 	spec for: #common do: [
> 		spec package: 'Orbeon'.
> 		spec
> 			group: 'default' with: #('Core');
> 			group: 'Core' with: #('Orbeon');
> 			yourself.
> 	].
>
> Where i can add the dependency on XMLParser or this has been stripped from
> Baselines and neet to be placed in ConfigurationOf.
>
> In
> https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/blob/master/docs/GettingStartedWithGitHub.md#create-baseline
> There is not mention of spec project:XXX with: []
I apologize for taking so long to respond ...

The rule of thumb for building a new baseline from a baseline in an
existing ConfigurationOf is that you really only need to:

   1. change the name of the method
   2. switch the pragma to `<baseline>`
   3. remove the blessing: and repository:  messages at the project level

So your new basline: would look like this:

baseline: spec
  <baseline>

   spec
     for: #'common'
     do: [
       spec repository: 'http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/Orbeon'.
       spec
         project: 'XMLSupport'
         with: [
           spec
             className: 'ConfigurationOfXMLSupport';
             versionString: '1.2.2.1';
             loads: #('Core');
             file: 'ConfigurationOfXMLSupport';
             repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/XMLSupport' ].
       spec package: 'Orbeon-BrunoBB' with: [ spec requires:
'XMLSupport' ] ]

now with the latest Metacello you have the option of changing your
project spec to be a little less vebose and your spec would look like
the following:

baseline: spec
  <baseline>

   spec
     for: #'common'
     do: [
       spec repository: 'http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/Orbeon'.
       spec
         configuration: 'XMLSupport'
         with: [
           spec
             versionString: '1.2.2.1';
             loads: #('Core');
             repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/XMLSupport' ].
       spec package: 'Orbeon-BrunoBB' with: [ spec requires:
'XMLSupport' ] ]

I will add a small section to the doc[1] with this information.

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/blob/master/docs/GettingStartedWithGitHub.md#create-baseline