[Glass] Can I use tODE in this context?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Sep 14 16:33:26 PDT 2015

On 09/14/2015 04:05 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Dale Henrichs
> <dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
> <mailto:dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com>> wrote:
>
>     Mariano,
>
>     Where <stone-name> matches the stoneName: field in your
>     description file.
>
>     Soooooo, to hook up your stone to the directory structure, execute
>     the following tODE shell script:
>
>       script --script=installServerTode2
>

> Damn...I am running out of disk space in this small SSD....grrr...
> Either I trust and do not do backups (and I call setUpSys directly,
> and if screw up I use time machine), or .... we add compressed
> backups. I tried: 'man bu backup' but I do not see any option like
> --compressed which would be super cool :)
>
>     and you'll be ready to rumba... the script does a backup before
>     running the setUpSys commands so if we run into problems in your
>     sandbox we can restore from backup and try again ...
>

> OK, tomorrow I will try later with setUpSys without backups...

Shoot! I've been meaning to add a --compressed option to the `bu`
command ... I've made a note ...

setUpSys shouldn't do anything that catastrophic if it fails and we can
probably repair at the object level if it does ---

I'm glad that you are seeing and appreciating the value of the
independent tODE structure!