[Glass] Can I use tODE in this context?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Sep 15 12:06:34 PDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Dale Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> On 09/15/2015 11:41 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

> we can get around the use of GS_HOME if you don't want to restart the
>> netldi ... to debug a TodeCommandError use the built-in tODE shell command
>> `debugMode --set` ... then when you get a TodeCommandError a debugger will
>> come up instead of the simple error message - that way we can get more
>> detail on where $GS_HOME is being used ...
>>

> Good for future reference!
> Is there a place where you have documented the built-in commands like
> "script" ,  "debugMode", etc ?
>

> the builtIns command (a built-in) lists and describes the built-ins and
> each built-in has help available via the -h option .... I should probably
> put this into the banner for the shell console[1]  ...

Yes please!!! I would put a new entry in the welcome:

Welcome to tODE.
- Enter `help` for information on logging into GemStone.
- Enter `man gs gemtools` an intro to tODE for GemTools users.
- Enter `man --all` for information on tODE commands.
*- Enter `builtIns` to list descriptions of built-in commands. *
- Enter `project list` to get busy...

I will open an issue.