[Glass] VM temporary object memory is full (again)

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sat Sep 26 11:08:05 PDT 2015

On 9/25/15 1:25 PM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to add more info to this.
>
> I started Zinc and Swazoo on a different port and i did NOT get TOM full.
>
> Now working on port 8989.
>
> No idea why this is happening...

With this information I'm going to guess that you've got a process
listening on the old port ... if you do there is a bug in Zinc (on
GemStone) that will cause the the gem to go into an infinite loop ...
I'm pretty sure that I've fixed the bug in the last 6 months or so (or
there's a new failure mechanism) ...

If you are doing this in an interactive session, then it is possible the
the interactive gem is the culprit ... login/logout from the interactive
gem would solve that ... if it is not an interactive session then
looking for a "rogue" topaz process or gem process is called for:

    ps -efw | grep topaz                       # find topaz sessions
    ps -efw | grep TCP | grep sys/gem # find interactive gems