[Glass] System>>#writeLockAll: and Seaside

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Apr 27 10:55:04 PDT 2016

Paul,

Are you talking about the writeLock acquired on the session in
WAGsMutualExclusionFilter>>handleFiltered:?

If so, the lock is acquired such that the lock is removed once a commit
or abort occurs ... or if the session crashes ...

These locks are held on the session object while the gem processes an
http request and are used to prevent multiple gems from processing
requests for the same session concurrently ... the lock is reliquished
when the gem commits or aborts (or crashes) thus allowing another gem to
process rquests on behalf of the session, so in this case the Seaside
session is "respecting the Seaside session"....

Perhaps you are looking at a different use case involving session
affinity or something?

Dale