[Glass] Loading packages from Scratch - Grease Proble

BrunoBB via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Feb 2 10:36:54 PST 2016

Dale,

I found the error. It was a dependency definition in one of my
ConfigurationOf.

The script used to load Seaside is:
Gofer new
  package: 'GsUpgrader-Core';
  url: 'http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/gsUpgrader';
  load.
(Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader) upgradeGrease.

GsDeployer deploy: [
  Metacello new
    baseline: 'Seaside3';
    repository: 'github://GsDevKit/Seaside31:gs_master/repository';
    onLock: [:ex | ex honor];
    load: 'CI' ].

But in ConfigurationOfSewaf the dependency on Seaside is written
(baseline0940:):
		spec blessing: #baseline.
		spec repository: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Sewaf'.
		spec project: 'Seaside3' with: [
			spec repository:
'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';
				versionString: #stable;
				className: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
				file: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';
				loads: #('Core').
				].
		spec
			package: 'SEWAF' with: [spec requires: 'Seaside3'].

If i remove this dependency --> my packages is loaded without errors.

It seems that this dependency is somehow trying to download Grease which it
should be a dependency of Seaside in
'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main'.
(not 100% sure)

I think a have to rewrite the Seaside dependency to Seaside on github...

Regards,
Bruno