[Glass] stale lock files: best practice?

Johan Brichau via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Feb 25 10:58:20 PST 2016

Hi there,

On a server crash and subsequent reboot, it may happen the stone does not want to start because of stale lock files.

I want to avoid this manual action of removing stale lock files and I am wondering what the best practice is.

Is it OK to remove the lock files in a system boot script?
Since I’m using monit I may also try to add to the stone start script?
What would happen if you remove lock files for a running stone?

What are others doing?

cheers
Johan