[Glass] Installing Server only devKit_329 does not exist

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Jan 28 09:43:18 PST 2016

Bruno,

The logic for a number of the GsDevKit_home is written in pharo
smalltalk, so a $GS_HOME/bin/devKitCommandLine pharo image is luanched
to perform certain commands ... I didn't want to have to write that
logic in bash or ruby .... so the Pharo vm is a headless vm ... also
depending upon which command is being run, the devKitCommandLine image
will log into a stone using the session description credentials ...

So the 32bit libraries need to be installed ... the
$GS_HOME/bin/utils/installOsPrereqs should be run on a new system.

In the next release the installOsPrereqs command will be run has part of
the install* scripts, since missing the prereqs or not installing the
right set of libraries can cause unexpected problems ...

With that said, it is possible to bypass the installOsPrereqs script if
you want to have greater control over what is installed or when the
installation occurs...

Dale