[Glass] XML latest package version

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Jan 29 11:32:54 PST 2016

Bruno, this is the right place to report these errors ... at least to
start  ....

  I'm going to guess that perhaps the packages were written with some
Unicode characters embedded in them (WideString instances) ---
Monticello mcz packages do not handle > 8 bit characters at all and when
GemStone attempts to read these packages it appears to be corruption ...

To repair the packages, I think that you need to load the packages into
Pharo, move the offending characters and then save the package again ...
sometimes the offending characters can be embedded in the commit
comments which can make things very difficult --- in this case the
solution is save the packages out into a FileTree repository (FileTree
repositories encode all strings as UTF8 when writing to disk) edit out
the offending characters (you can use vi to edit the meta data to remove
the offending characters from commit comments if necessary) ....

If you want me to try to futz with this I can do it, but I have to leave
work early this afternoon and might not be able to get to it until
sometime over the weekend ...

Dale