[Glass] Migrating to github 2

BrunoBB via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Jul 11 09:14:24 PDT 2016

Dale,

About a year ago we had a conversation on github migration. Now i have a
stable version of my application i want to migrate the code to github.

Back then the step were these: (are these steps still correct to migrate to
github ?)
(the step 2. is refering to the gemstone host or the windows tode client ?
in which machine perform the file copy and git init?)

1. create GitHub project (done:
https://github.com/brunobuzzi/OrbeonPersistenceLayer)
2. create a local git repository (using `git init` in an empty directory
called
     OrbeonPersistenceLayer). In the dev branch of GsDevKitHome, the
place to put shared
     git repositories is $GS_HOME/tode/sys/local/git (using bash):

     mkdir $GS_HOME/tode/sys/local/git/OrbeonPersistenceLayer
     mkdir $GS_HOME/tode/sys/local/git/OrbeonPersistenceLayer/repository

3. copy each of the active packages from the SS3 repo to your local git
repo:

     mc copy Orbeon_Persistence_API-BrunoBB-0.039
http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/OrbeonPersistenceAPI
filetree://$GS_HOME/tode/sys/local/git/OrbeonPersistenceLayer/repository

     mc copy Orbeon_Persistence-BrunoBB-0.019
http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/OrbeonPersistenceAPI
filetree://$GS_HOME/tode/sys/local/git/OrbeonPersistenceLayer/repository

4. create a BaselineOfOrbeonPersistenceLayer class:

     cls create BaselineOfOrbeonPersistenceLayer BaselineOf
BaselineOfOrbeonPersistenceLayer
     cls protocol --add=BaselineOfOrbeonPersistenceLayer baseline
     browse class BaselineOfOrbeonPersistenceLayer

5. add a baseline: method to BaselineOfOrbeonPersistenceLayer that looks
something like the following (no tODE command - sorry:):

     baseline: spec
       <baseline>
       spec
         for: #'common'
         do: [
           spec
             package: 'Orbeon_Persistence';
             package: 'Orbeon_Persistence_API' with: [ spec requires:
'Orbeon_Persistence' ];
             yourself.
           spec
             group: 'default' with: #('Core');
             group: 'Core' with: #('Orbeon_Persistence_API');
             yourself ].

6. create a BaselineOfOrbeonPersistenceLayer package

     mc create BaselineOfOrbeonPersistenceLayer

7. associate the filetree repo with the new package:

     mr add
filetree://$GS_HOME/tode/sys/local/git/OrbeonPersistenceLayer/repository
BaselineOfOrbeonPersistenceLayer

8. save the baseline to the repo:

     mc commit BaselineOfOrbeonPersistenceLayer `initial baseline and
packages`

9. Create the project entry:

     project entry --baseline=OrbeonPersistenceLayer
--repo=filetree://$GS_HOME/tode/sys/local/git/OrbeonPersistenceLayer/repository
/sys/stone/projects

10. Load the project (testing your baseline):

     project load OrbeonPersistenceLayer

11. Write the new baseline to the filetree repository and do a git commit:

     project commit --git --message=`initial commit for project packages
and baseline` OrbeonPersistenceLayer
     project list

12. Hook up your local git repo to your github repo something like the
following (follow github instructions to get it exactly right):

     git remote add origin
[hidden email]:brunobuzzi/OrbeonPersistenceLayer.git
     git push origin master

... and I think that's it... Let me know how things work for you. I've
create a gist on github[4] with all of the tode comands extracted out
(source code is in middle) for easy copy/paste.

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/tode/issues/188
[2]
https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/blob/master/docs/GettingStartedWithGitHub.md#create-baseline