[Glass] understanding the DateTime instance creation API

Paul DeBruicker via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Jul 15 13:18:18 PDT 2016

Hi Dale,

I get

1@       -> anArray( 15/07/2016 10:10:10, 10, '2016-07-15T10:10:10+0000', )
2@       -> anArray( 15/07/2016 17:10:10, 17, '2016-07-15T17:10:10-0700', )

And I expect the last parameter of the second array to be
'2016-07-15T10:10:10-0700'.   I'm not sure what the first should be. I think
the first parameter is right because DateTimes are printed as UTC inside
GemStone.  I think the #hour method which returns the hour in 'local' time
should not be used in the ISO8601 string and instead a hourInTimeZone or
somesuch should be used.

I set the stone's timezone with:

printit
| osTZ |
System beginTransaction.
osTZ := TimeZone named:'UTC'.
osTZ installAsCurrentTimeZone.
TimeZone default: osTZ.
TimeZoneInfo default: osTZ.
System commitTransaction.
%

Both "TimeZone current"  and "TimeZone default" print 'UTC'.

Paul

GLASS mailing list wrote