[Glass] Help understanding a RcReadSet commit conflict

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Jun 17 11:17:19 PDT 2016

Mariano,

It has been awhile since I've done any reduced conflict work, so the
details of the reduced conflict mechanism need to be paged back in ...
with a bit of poking around I believe that the RcReadSet is not involved
directly in the actual conflict, especially since the #Write-Write set
is empty ... from the information I've seen here, there shouldn't have
been a conflict ...

Is there a reason that you are not showing the full set of fields in a
conflictDictionary? I would expect to see fields for each of the
following (from System class>>transactionConflicts):

      Key                Conflicts
  Read-Write          StrongReadSet and WriteSetUnion conflicts.
  Write-Write         WriteSet and WriteSetUnion conflicts.
  Write-Dependency    WriteSet and DependencyChangeSetUnion conflicts.
  Write-WriteLock     WriteSet and WriteLockSet conflicts.
  Write-ReadLock      WriteSet and ReadLockSet conflicts.
  Rc-Write-Write      Logical write-write conflict on reduced conflict
object.
  WriteWrite_minusRcReadSet  (WriteSet and WriteSetUnion conflicts) -
RcReadSet)

Both the Write-Dependency and Rc-Write-Write fields would have useful
information if they weren't empty ...

Barring additional information I suppose it might be useful to see the
error message and any other information from the log file (perhaps a stack?)

Dale