[Glass] Install GemStone in a Testing Environment

BrunoBB via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Jun 17 13:51:55 PDT 2016

Dale,

Ok, i think i have enough information.

The context of this question is:
I have to install GS on a VM that is NOT managed by me. This VM is behind
"hundreds" of Firewall and so on...

The VM does not reach some site and ftps (which is a networking problem
nothing to do with GS). As the networking problem is being solved i was
trying to do a "off line installation". I though if i do not install tode
then the installation will be more simple. Then connect via Topaz and
execute the Metacello script to install my packages.

A more accurate question: is possible to perform the "download" on one
machine and then copy the file to other machine to perform the actual
installation there ? [some kind of offline installation]

Regards,
Bruno