[Glass] Debugging exceptions (continuations are mandatory, aren't they?)

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Mar 1 07:08:20 PST 2016

Hi guys,

In my application, I have some error handler at some point (#on:do:) and I
kept the exception instance somewhere. Later, I would like to open a
Seaside debugger on it using WAGemStoneContinuationDebugger.

I am already currently using WAGemStoneContinuationDebugger but for
"unhandled errors" that end up in the seaside error handler and hence I
create a continuation. Therefore, I end up sending
#initializeWithContinuation:  to WAGemStoneContinuationDebugger.

In this case I am talking now, I only have the exception, no continuation.
So I tried something like this:

| comp |
comp := WAGemStoneContinuationDebugger new.
comp initializeWithException: anException.
html anchor
     callback: [self call: comp];
     with: 'Debug'

The stack is indeed rendered. But the problem is that the "stack" I see on
it, is the stack associated to the rendering of the link... (and everything
before that link..that is..the rendering of the app). There is nothing on
the stack related to the "anException".

To solve this, what I had to do, is to create a continuation in my error
handler block and store the continuation as well as the original exception.
And then use #initializeWithContinuation:  instead of
#initializeWithException:.

Is this expected?

Thanks in advance,