[Glass] Exception and ObjectLogEntry question

Johan Brichau via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon May 2 10:47:19 PDT 2016

Hi Bruno,

A quick question regarding your statement below:

> On 02 May 2016, at 03:31, BrunoBB via Glass <glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com> wrote:
>
> The System commit is because Seaside will abort the transaction when an
> Exception is thrown preventing the log entry to be saved.

Seaside itself does not abort the transaction when an error is thrown. Did you implement the abort behavior yourself in a custom WAErrorHandler subclass?
Mind that each request is a single transaction, and if you do transactions yourself within the request, the ‘standard’ abort behavior of a Seaside request is broken. You also need to take into account that the commit you trigger might not be possible because of commit conflicts. If you do not handle these, your system might break because a gem gets stuck in a commit conflict.

Doing transactions within the ‘request transaction’ of Seaside does require you take that into account, so I just wanted to make sure you did that.

Johan