[Glass] How to guess the codepage of a file ...

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon May 16 09:47:51 PDT 2016

On 05/15/2016 09:57 AM, Marten Feldtmann wrote:

> Ok, I managed to get access to the OS installed versions and the
> Gemstone installed versions of ICU. The  first call is wrapped and I'm
> now looking for porting subparts of my VASmalltalk wrapper to Gemstone ...

In 3.2.14, the GemStone libicu function names will differ from the icu
function names in the OS libraries ... Newer versions of GemStone ship
with newer versions of libicu, but for upgrading purposes you need to be
able to to use the libicu libraries that the repository was created with
and we build our libicu libraries without embedding the version in the
function name ...

Also note that starting in 3.3.1 we are changing the names of the ilbicu
libraries to reflect the libicu version of the library instead of the
version of GemStone that they were built with ...

> -> is there an official way to get the installation path of the used
> Gemstone product (3.2.14)

$GEMSTONE gives you the path to the product being used ...